Friday, February 25, 2011

day 27

day 27- my day job verses my passion

My day job--Here's another tough one for me to answer. My day job consists of loving on two crazy kids all day. Well, I do babysit in the mornings, so I suppose that's my "job." But, for the record I'm unemployed and am a stay-at-home mommy.  I mostly love staying home with my boys, and I am definitely very glad that I can help out two friends and watch their daughters. It's a little crazy sometimes with four kids under the age of 4 in the house, but I don't mind it one bit!

My passion?--I graduated college with a BA in Liberal Studies, thinking that teaching was my passion. However, after getting my diploma I had little desire to get my credentials. I'm not sure the exact reasoning, but I think I was just burned out on school to be honest. Also, all those tests looked daunting. Before graduating, my friend told me about her job being a one-on-one aide for children with autism. That was right up my alley even though I wasn't even sure what autism truly was. I worked with those amazing children for a little over two years and loved it tremendously. I didn't necessarily like all of my bosses, but who ever does?! It was amazing to see the difference that I made in those kids' lives. I stopped working there after the boys were born and I miss those kids to pieces! I don't know if working with autistic children is my passion, but even after being hit, kicked, scratched, bit, and spit on, seeing those kids FINALLY get what you've been teaching them is one of the best feelings in the world.

My calling?!--I've always had a love for candy. I used to tell my mom that I wanted to be a "candyologist" when I grew up. I'm not exactly sure what a candyologist would do, but maybe that's for me to figure out. There's a new show out called "Kid in a Candy Store" where the guy goes around to candy stores and eats delicious treats all day long. Maybe that's what a candyologist does. I could definitely do that...

No comments:

Post a Comment