Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 12

day 12- write a poem to someone you love

Well, here it goes--this is to Nathan, my wonderful husband! :)



Ode to Nathan

Your name is Nathan, but I like to call you Natey.
I guess that's more endearing than Nate.
Remember like 6 years ago, matey
We went to Starbucks for one of our first "dates."

 Now we're married and are as happy as can be.
Like Dr Evil said, "...you complete me."
We are amazing and made two handsome boys,
now our house is full of cookies and toys. 

I just changed the rhyme scheme, but that's ok
I'm not much of a poet, anyway.

I love you lots, forever and always.
And I'll eat ice cream with you for days.
Someday we'll go back to Shmoopty Falls
And there we'll practice our Yosemite bird calls.

Roses are red
Daisies are white
I love you Natey,
And that's all I'm gonna write.

No comments:

Post a Comment