Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 24

day 24- post your favorite quote or verse of scripture and why

I have many quotes that I say often--most are from some silly comedy movie that I've seen far too many times. Or, a lot also come from my favorite show, The Office. I was compelled to put my answer as "that's what she said" because it can be used in so many contexts, but I'll refrain.

Instead, I'm going with part of a speech. This speaker always talks with such dignity and grace. Words just flow out of his mouth like sweet, sweet molasses. He never stumbles, and always knows exactly what to say....

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again."  --George W Bush.

ok, well, at least he's always good for a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment