Saturday, April 9, 2011

15 montharoonies

This post isn't to necessarily "brag" or complain about my boys. I don't even know if they are "on track," "behind," or "ahead" compared to other kids their age. This is more for me to be able to look back on to see how much they have learned and grown.

Right now they have a major love/hate relationship. They get so excited to see each other after naps or waking up in the morning. They will run around and play together, and then all of a sudden there will be screaming and usually I find Connor on top of Greyson with some part of Greyson's body in Connor's mouth. In rare cases Grey will have a firm grasp on Connor's hair. They also duke it out over who gets to sit on my lap when I'm playing with them. :/

These are all the "words" they can say right now:
-mama
-dada
-baba
-nigh-nigh
-papa (grandpa)
-mah (more)
-bah (ball)
-cah (car)
-caca (crackers, food)
-meh [?] (milk)
-mmm (yummy!)
-nana (banana)
-doddy (doggy)
-kee-y (kitty)
-bubba (bubbles)
-uh-oh
-go (most often used as "go go go" to yell at Nilla)
-ck (yuck)

I am very surprised that at this point they do not have names for each other. There is no "bubba" for brother or other word trying to sound out each other's name. Maybe they think they are the same person? ;) Grey is trying really hard to talk though, and is making all of these crazy sounds--Connor isn't quite there yet.

They can identify (point to) their head, hair, nose, tummy,  tongue, all articles of clothing (pants, shirts, socks, shoes, diapers). We are working on eyes and ears, but they don't have much interest in learning lately. They would much rather play, or cry because one of them isn't getting their way.

They are completely terrible at sharing. I don't know how to fix that, but they have to learn soon because I'm already over all of the fighting over silly toys! I'm thinking about breaking out a timer like I had to do at The Kendall School.

They don't much care for eating meals. After about 5 bites they are usually over it and ready to play. But they are steadily growing, so I guess they are getting enough! Bananas, peanut butter, freeze dried apples, apple sauce, pretzels, and goldfish are their favorite snacks right now.

And, that's what's going on in the lives of Greyson and Connor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment